1. We planted flowers this week! We did the bean thing and it was not going anywhere real fast. I used the wrong beans, I'll admit it! So over spring break I got supplies to grow some marigolds! I picked marigolds because they grow a little bit faster than other flowers. Now all we need is a little sunshine!
2. My kiddos are still getting confused with the b and the d's! I created a fun b and d activity that has your kiddos fill in the missing letter. We did it as a whole group and each kiddo got a turn to do the letter match. I put it in one of our Daily 5 centers after we did it as a full group.
|Click on the picture to grab it for FREE!|
3. We are working on our money unit right now! Each day this week we learned a new coin and wrote what we knew about the coin. Every day I had someone say " you can't eat it"..ha! We used coin activities from my Money Mania pack!
4. To go along with our b and d sort we played a fun game! I call it the Flyswatter Game, but someone else could have a better name for it. I wrote only b and d's on the board. I would either make the letter sound or I would say a word that started with one of those letters. My kiddos would "swat" the correct letter. If you won, you got to stay up until you didn't get it right!
5. My fabulous sister, who I actually convinced to start blogging about all her fabulous creations, had a ton of these canvas bags that she made for something, but ended up never using them. She said I could take them, so I used some old fabric to cut out numbers and put a number on each bag! I haven't decided how I am going to use them, but I was thinking about using them for math, to hold supplies, or just give each kiddo a bag with a number and use them for show and tell. The possibilities are endless!
Go show her some LOVE (I'm her only follower)! Her blog is hilarious! I mean it is called Sassy Creations! How could it not be hilarious and sassy! It is all about cooking and crafting! She has some great ideas and some could be used in the classroom!