1. We are learning about maps and our addresses in social studies. We made each made a Flat Stanley on Tuesday. We ran out of time to actually send them to someone, so my kiddos took them home to write about them in their journal. My kiddos are obsessed and made more Flat Stanley's Wednesday and Thursday. Of course, everyone had to make a cell phone and a tablet for their little friend...haha
2. We had volunteers from our community for Junior Achievement. They taught us about families and we even talked about maps! It was a perfect addition to our social studies unit!
3. We started doing a Friday Surprise each week. We earn letters throughout they day and at the end of the day we play hangman to figure out our activity. Those letters we earned are bonus letters for hangman! Today we did this:
They had a blast! Love this picture!
4. I honestly have let the kids watch more videos in the past 4 days then I did all year! I used Peg+Cat as an award for working hard during math!
5. It has been so nice out every day this week, so I have spent lots of time on our deck reading and sipping wine :)